3 Day Military Diet

Basically, the idea of the military diet comes from military people who use the diet to lose weight quickly. The plan says you should lose up to 10 lbs in 3 days if you follow the diet exactly! Dan did this diet a few days ago and he lost about 6 lbs and followed it exactly. Personally I think 6 lbs in 3 days is pretty good. So... I decided to give it a go. Below is the diet plan and what my thoughts and results were after 3 days.
 
 
3 Day Military Diet




Day 1



BREAKFAST-- 
  • 1/2 GRAPEFRUIT, 
  • 1 SLICE TOAST, 
  • 2 TBS. PEANUT BUTTER, 
  • COFFEE OR TEA
LUNCH--


 1/2 CUP TUNA, 1 SLICE TOAST, COFFEE OR TEA 
DINNER--
2 SLICES ANY TYPE OF MEAT (ABOUT 3 OZ), 1 CUP GREEN BEANS, 1/2 BANANA, 1 SMALL APPLE, 1 CUP VANILLA ICE CREAM 
Day 2
BREAKFAST--
1 EGG, 1 SLICE TOAST, 1/2 BANANA
LUNCH--
1 CUP COTTAGE CHEESE (OR 1 SLICE CHEDDAR CHEESE), 1 HARD BOILED EGG, 5 SALTINE CRACKERS
DINNER--
2 HOT DOGS (no buns), 1 CUP BROCCOLI, 1/2 CUP CARROTS, 1/2 BANANA, 1/2 CUP VANILLA ICE CREAM

Day 3 
BREAKFAST--
5 SALTINE CRACKERS, 1 SLICE CHEDDAR CHEESE, 1 SMALL APPLE 
LUNCH--
1 HARD BOILED EGG, 1 SLICE TOAST 
Oops... forgot my picture of this meal! 


DINNER--
1 CUP TUNA, 1/2 BANANA, 1 CUP VANILLA ICE CREAM 
Instructions 
DIET WORKS ON CHEMICAL BREAKDOWN AND IS PROVEN. DO NOT VARY OR SUBSTITUTE ANY OF THE ABOVE FOODS. SALT AND PEPPER MAY BE USED, BUT DO NOT USE ANY OTHER SEASONING. DIET IS TO BE USED THREE DAYS AT A TIME.

IN THREE DAYS, YOU SHOULD LOSE 10 POUNDS. AFTER THREE DAYS OF DIETING, YOU CAN EAT YOUR NORMAL FOODS, BUT DO NOT OVER DO IT. AFTER YOUR 4 DAYS OF NORMAL EATING, START BACK ON THE 3 DAY DIET. YOU CAN LOSE UP TO 40 POUNDS IN A MONTH IF YOU STICK TO THIS DIET. IT IS A SAFE DIET.

REMEMBER: DO NOT EAT BETWEEN MEALS!

NOTE: COFFEE OR TEA THE FIRST TWO MEALS OF DAY ONE ONLY. WATER ONLY FROM THEN ON. 
Thoughts: Hot tea without any sugar is not my thing; plain tuna is not my thing; and plain cottage cheese is not my thing :) All three made my stomach turn! I never felt hungry during this diet... in fact I had to force myself to eat all my dinners most of the time. But I did feel very deprived! I craved pop and sugar so badly! To get me through my days I drank tons of water to fill me up. The number one thing I craved was Skittles! HAHA! I did lose weight, but this diet was way harder than I thought and I doubt I am able to keep off the weight I lost. I would suggest this diet for people who are days away from getting married and want to lose a few extra pounds or many when your going on vacation and want to look a little better in a swim suit. I don't think this diet is a long term solution. I wouldn't do this diet again. For the most part I felt pretty awful... very tired, horrible headaches, unable to focus my vision and achy muscles. That is just my two cents.
Results: Day 1 I lost 3 lbs; Day 2 I lost 1.5 lbs ; Day 3 I lost 1.5 lbs 
Now I'm going to go eat some Skittles!